Welcome to Johnson-Davis Inc.
Johnson-Davis Inc. is proud to be an underground utility industry leader for more than 40 years. When we give our word, you can be assured that our experienced and knowledgeable team will deliver quality results.
Johnson-Davis works on underground utility projects including storm drainage, water main, sanitary sewer, and force main, sheeting, and dewatering. Our team’s expertise and creativity allow us to build projects from the most simple to the most complex.
At Johnson-Davis Inc, we proudly and unwaveringly live our core values every day.
- SAFETY– We value the safety of our employees and our community above all else. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- FAMILY VALUES– Family values are the foundation upon which our company was built. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families, as they are part of our family. We look out for each other.
- RESOURCES– The backbone of our company is our experienced, creative, and long-term workforce. Our financial stability, infrastructure, and other resources allow us to take on and successfully complete challenges.
- ACCURACY– We perform quality work the first time and review it for completeness and accuracy. We do not take short cuts.
- INTEGRITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY– We stand behind our word and honor our commitments. When mistakes occur, we acknowledge our mistakes and constructively participate in the resolution.
- RELATIONSHIPS– We have established relationships with customers, engineers, government entities, vendors, coworkers, our industry, and the general public. We foster these relationships for mutual success.
- DEPENDABILITY– We do what we say we are going to do for our customers and our coworkers.
- PUNCTUALITY– We honor our commitments timely. These commitments include project completion, billing, being prompt for our work shifts and meetings, and vendor payments.
- RESPECT– We have respect for our work, for the work and ideas of others, and for all those with whom we interact. We support each other in a positive way.
- COMMUNICATION– We expect and deliver truthful messages timely, accurately, and respectfully. We attentively listen to and recognize the ideas and feelings of others.
- TEAMWORK– We are all part of the process. We all share in our successes and challenges. We recognize the needs of and provide support to one another.
- COMMUNITY– We are committed to improving the communities in which we work and live through our construction projects and personal involvement.
- APPEARANCE COUNTS– We take pride in the appearance of ourselves and our work environment. We keep our work and work environment neat and organized.
- MENTORING– We lead and train fellow employees, allowing them to reach their highest potential.
Our Fleet and Shop
We own enough equipment to support our crews and also have the in-house expertise to design and fabricate specialty items.
We have the internal capacity to maintain a fleet required to support 15 mainline crews plus our punch out crews. Further, our personnel fabricates specialty tools and materials required for our projects.
The health and safety of our employees is more than a value. We believe this to be an integral part of our legacy to the industry that we serve.
Ensuring that our employees are constantly aware of their situation and surroundings is a vital element of our safety program. All employees are taught to recognize and eliminate or greatly reduce the hazards under their control. With the teamwork required to achieve this visibility, we have built strong crew working relationships based on a family atmosphere of care for one another. Our basic approach is purposefully designed to be simple so that newcomers can blend into the culture easily. Every morning each crew assembles to perform a hazard analysis of their own site by following the SLAM principles:
- STOP and ask ourselves if we are trained and prepared to confidently perform the scope of work planned for the day.
- LOOK at the scene/conditions around us, taking the necessary time to recognize where danger exists in the workplace and plan for the day
- ASSESS whether or not we can safely perform the work that we need to do, and if not then identify what training or equipment may be necessary to do so
- MANAGE the hazards that we identify so that we maintain control and never find ourselves at the mercy of conditions that we did not plan for
The Johnson-Davis Way
Family values are the foundation upon which our company was built, and these values continue to set us apart. The backbone of our company is our experienced, creative, and long-term workforce. Our financial stability, infrastructure, and other resources allow us to take on and successfully complete challenges.